Last updated 30 April 2021
Newcastle University Sport – The Forum is a registered COVID Safe business.
Newcastle University Sport is taking a proactive role in in the development of a centralized and consistent COVID Safety plan. The purpose of this plan is to ensure all elements of its operations and associated entities are ready to recommence operations in a safe, responsible and low risk manner once the risks arising from COVID-19 are mitigated as far as reasonably practicable.
The NUsport COVID safety Plan has been developed in conjunction with the NUsport Senior executive, Chief Executive Officer, COVID-19 Safety Coordinator’s and partners within University of Newcastle.
The plan makes consideration for:
- The 3-step framework for a COVIDSafe Australia
- National COVID-19 safe workplace principles
- Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC)
- The AIS Framework for Rebooting Sport in a COVID-19
- Environment (AIS Framework)
- National Cabinet Principles for Resumption of Sport and Recreation Activities.
COVID-19 Safety Coordinators
- Our Team Members are actively enforcing the COVID Safety Plan.
- Our Team members are conducting ongoing cleaning within the venue during your visit. Safe Work Australia Guidelines are adhered to with all cleaning procedures.
Forum Safety Standards
- All Team Members have completed the Department of Health COVID-19 Infection Control Training.
- Hygiene Marshal.
- Temperature screening upon entry.
- Sweat towels are compulsory.
- All members and staff will adhere to 1.5 metres distancing at all times.
- Our team will actively support this practise.
KEEPING EACH OTHER SAFE
At this time, our Forum community is more important than ever. Newcastle University Sport and The Forum facilities continue to operate within alignment with Public Health Orders and restrictions.
You can further assist our team and your fellow community members stay safe by adhering to The Forum 's strict Safety Standards and the following guidelines.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
The health and safety of our Forum Community and Team Members is our top priority.
The Forum has a COVID Safety Plan in place and two appointed COVID-19 Safety Coordinators. Our COVID Safety Plan is guided by and continuously updated in line with the latest advice from the Australia Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC), Department of Health, NSW State Government and Fitness Australia
Our Team Members are actively enforcing the COVID Safety Plan to ensure the health and safety of our Forum Community. To ensure your safety, all Team Members have completed the COVID-19 infection control training issued through the Australian Government Department of Health.
We have a ZERO TOLERANCE for Safety Standards not being followed. We will not tolerate behaviour that is abusive, aggressive or puts our Team Members and community at risk.
Customers NOT following The Forum Safety Standards will be asked to leave and may have their access denied in the future.
Our Team Members are conducting ongoing cleaning within the venue during your visit. Safe Work Australia Guidelines are adhered to with all cleaning procedures.
All NUsport operations are operating within alignment of NSW Government Public Health Orders and Restrictions.
YOUR COMMITMENT TO US
- Stay home if you are unwell and currently experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms or have been to any NSW COVID-19 case locations identified in the last 14 days.
- Adhere to NSW Government Public Health Orders and Restrictions.
- Adhere to NUsport's strict COVID Safety Plan when in the venue.
- Adhere to Social Distancing restrictions. You must stay 1.5 metres apart from our Team and fellow members. Follow the directions of our Team Members at all time.
- Practice good hand hygiene. Wash your hands regularly, either with soap and water or hand sanitiser. Apply hand sanitiser on arrival and exit of the venue. We encourage you to carry and use your own personal hand sanitiser while in the venue.
- Sweat towels are compulsory. Use a clean sweat towel for each session. We recommend you use one as a barrier on the equipment and one to towel perspiration while exercising.
- Clean and disinfect your equipment before and after use. Cleaning stations are available with high-grade disinfectant and paper towel.
- Follow the strict COVID Safe directions for entering and exiting the venue. Team Members will be providing directions and adhere to signage throughout the venue.
- Adhere to the strict booking system for Group Fitness classes.
- Exit the venue at the conclusion of your activity. Please do not loiter within the venue.
- Follow the direction of our Team Members at all times.
- Wear appropriate clothing suitable for the elements.
- Adhere to social distancing restrictions. You must stay 1.5m apart.
- Train at a safe distance by using the markings set out within the gym to complete your work out.
- No equipment is to be moved, excluding functional equipment.
- Treat the gym space with respect.
- Follow the 30-minute time limit on all cardio machines and squat racks.
- Only use equipment which is available. Do not use equipment which has been sectioned off.
- No sharing of equipment. During this time super setting and spotting is NOT permitted.
- Please see the Gym Instructor to set up a safe training station to perform your workout.
- Notify a Team Member of any equipment damages, repairs or members not following The Forum’s Safety Standards.
- Covered shoes are always required. No bare feet or socks permitted for workouts.
- Return all equipment after use.