Last updated November 2022
Newcastle University Sport (NUsport) – The Forum is a registered COVID Safe business.
NUsport is committed to providing a safe environment for staff, students, members and visitors.
NUsport’s COVID Safety Plan and business operating requirements are reviewed regularly in line with NSW Public Health Orders, University of Newcastle’s COVID Management Plan and NUsport’s Risk Management Plan.
The NUsport COVID Safety Plan has been developed in conjunction with the NUsport senior executive, Chief Executive Officer, COVID-19 Safety Officer and partners within the University of Newcastle.
Our Safety Plan makes consideration for:
- NSW Government Public Health Orders and restrictions
- University of Newcastle Covid Management Plan
- NUsport’s Risk Management Plan
- National COVID -19 safe workplace principles
- Australian Health Protection Principles Committee
- Australia Institute of Sport
We all have a responsibility for reducing the risk of transmission of COVID -19. Throughout the COVID -19 Pandemic NUsport has taken a safety-first approach to protect our NUsport and wider community. We will continue to implement a range of COVID -19 safety measures as outlined below.
COVID -19 Safety Officer
- Our team members are actively enforcing the COVID Safety Plan.
- Our team members are conducting cleaning within the venue during your visit.
- Members and guests are required to disinfect the equipment before and after use. Cleaning stations are available with high-grade disinfectant and paper towel.
Forum Safety Standards
- It is strongly recommended that all staff, members and guests have up to date COVID-19 vaccinations.
- It is strongly recommended that if you are unwell or have tested positive to COVID-19 you stay home until your symptoms are gone.
- Sweat towels are compulsory.
- Face masks are no longer required to be worn while visiting NUsport At The Forum. However, we strongly encourage all frontline staff, members and guests to continue to wear face masks where physical distancing is not possible or when attending high density events or when visiting our facilities during high traffic periods.
- All members and staff will adhere to 1.5 metres distancing at all times.
- Our team will actively support this practise, particularly in line with peak usage periods.
KEEPING EACH OTHER SAFE
At this time, our NUsport community is more important than ever. All team members have completed the Department of Health COVID-19 Infection Control Training.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
The health and safety of our NUsport Community and team members is our top priority.
NUsport At The Forum has a COVID Safety Plan in place and a COVID-19 Safety Officer.
Our team members are actively enforcing the COVID Safety Plan to ensure the health and safety of our NUsport Community.
To ensure your safety, all team members have completed the COVID-19 Infection Control Training issued through the Australian Government Department of Health.
We have a ZERO TOLERANCE for the Safety Standards not being followed. We will not tolerate behaviour that is abusive, aggressive or puts our team members and community at risk.
Customers NOT following NUsport At The Forum Safety Standards will be asked to leave and may have their access denied in the future.
Our team members are conducting cleaning within the venue during your visit.
YOUR COMMITMENT TO US
It is strongly recommended that all members and guests have up to date COVID-19 vaccinations.
Face masks are no longer required to be worn while visiting NUsport At The Forum facilities. However, we strongly encourage all frontline staff, members and guests to continue to wear face masks where physical distancing is not possible or when attending high density events or when visiting our facilities during high traffic periods.
Stay home if you are unwell or have tested positive for COVID-19 and are still experiencing symptoms.
Stay 1.5 metres apart from our team and fellow members and follow the directions of our team members at all times.
Practice good hand hygiene. Wash your hands regularly, either with soap and water or hand sanitiser. Apply hand sanitiser on arrival and exit of the venue. We encourage you to carry and use your own personal hand sanitiser while in the venue.
Sweat towels are compulsory. Use a clean sweat towel for each session. We recommend you use one as a barrier on the equipment and one to towel perspiration while exercising.
Clean and disinfect your equipment before and after use. Cleaning stations are available with high-grade disinfectant and paper towel.
Use our online booking system for Group Fitness classes.