NUsport sees our members, patrons, sporting clubs and guests as number one! We are committed to their experience through our corporate values;
- To recognise the value and contribution of each individual and to actively demonstrate concern for the health, safety and wellbeing of employees.
- To show ongoing commitment to providing equality of opportunity for our members and communities.
- To accept responsibility for our actions and act responsibly in our jobs and in our dealings with each other, our customers and our communities.
- To optimize the use of our resources to maintain financial viability and to support continued improvement.
- To use initiative, teamwork and ongoing evaluation/education to support continued improvement.
- To conduct business ethically, honestly and fairly and treat members with respect.
- To satisfy our customers with quality services and products while providing the highest standards.
- To provide quality, timely service.
- To show loyalty to our members.
- To invest in the retention of our customer and member base.
- To manage a sustainable business with an emphasis on teamwork.
- To value the community and a learning environment.
- To place a high significance on integrity.
NUsport plays an important role in the University community. Therefore, we support the University's code of conduct for promoting a respectful and collaborative workplace. We also engage with other areas of the University to deliver a Healthy University strategy and encourage staff to collaborate with other University staff under this initiative.
Pillars of customer service
Our member experience is very important to us, with a commitment to world class customer service. To be part of the team you need to actively uphold our “Pillars”
I am professional, well presented and take pride in The Forum brand and the products offered.
I am courteous and respectful of members, guests and colleagues. I hold no prejudice and am willing to go above and beyond to help members.
I will be proactive and resolve any issues as they arise and follow through to ensure a resolution for any issue I am required to pass on.
I look for ways to have genuine interactions with members, taking interest in their journey and being dedicated to providing solutions to achieve their goals.
BE A FAN
I am a Forum fan; knowing my product, expert in my role, hosting our member visits and projecting the benefits of health and fitness.
I am positive, fun and friendly, maintaining energy and enthusiasm to create a memorable experience for our members and guests.
I am the first to see, smile and speak to every person who enters The Forum.
I use members' names and ensure they receive a 'welcoming' hello and a 'well done' goodbye every visit to The Forum.
I go above and beyond, always providing the customer more than they expect.
I act with integrity to uphold the policies and procedures of NUsport so our members experience consistent and fair communication and outcomes.
All NUsport roles require a valid First Aid - HLTAID003 and CPR - HLTAID001 qualification, all applicants must hold these qualifications as a minimum.
All applicants are required to download and fill in this application form prior to applying for the advertised roles*
Newcastle University Sport has an opportunity available for experienced Basketball and Touch Football referees based at the Callaghan Campus.
Applicants will require current First Aid (HLTAID003) and CPR (HLTAID001) certificates and current paid Working with Children Check.
What we offer to you;
- COVID Safe work environment.
- A positive and dynamic work environment.
- A professional and supportive team.
- Membership to both our University and Harbourside facilities.
To apply please click on the apply now button to complete an application. Ensure you submit your resume with your availability and a copy of relevant qualifications.
For more information please contact Dan Cummins - Acting Human Resources Manager Dan.Cummins@theforum.org.au
NUsport is a not for profit organisation providing equal employment opportunities.